Sunday 22 November 2009

Crazy Musicals and Tutorials

I had my second tutorial on Friday. Depsite getting slightly lost on the way there, and having to ask for directions... twice... it was quite successful actually. It was taken by a post-grad with the excellent name of Angel Clare (Thomas Hardy character names + English student = very impressed). She seemed quite impressed. Unfortunately I had made a bunch of silly errors, mainly involving failure at referencing and exceeding word limits and such like. But overall very positive.

I also went to see Beth in her musical. It was a musicalisation (I may have just made that word up, or else used it in entirely the wrong context) of 'The Life and Opinions of Tristam Shandy, Gentleman'. This apparently is an 'experimental novel' - it's come up a couple of times in lectures. Which was slightly crazy because it meant I recognised a couple of the lines. Mainly it didn't make a great deal of sense. But it was pretty funny. And Beth was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment