Thursday 21 January 2010

Getting ready for the weekend

This weekend I have a friend from Camp coming up to stay with me in York, this involves tidying my room so there is physically space for her as well as some laundry so she has a clean sheet, buying some more food, and possibly doing some pre-emptive cooking. Who knew having guests over was so much work? I probably also need to get on with some work as I don't know how much I will get done over the next couple of days while she's here. Still it's going to be worth it.

Talking of work, I had my first meeting with my tutor yesterday, she seems lovely but very young, American and enthusiastic, which basically translates as meaning I now have a 25 minute presentation to prepare for next week as well as a 2500 word essay AND a research proposal. Plus research into crime and criminality to do for tomorrow's session as well. I might just expire.

Also today's the day for handing in final drafts of the Mount Holyoke application! I can't decide if it's more scary or exciting! Hopefully I will find out soon since I will have to find somewhere to live if I'm not going. I potentially have a house and people to live with, but I'll need to commit soon or they will have to find someone to replace me or find a new house. It's all very stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment